Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dressing like a woman

Which picture does the woman look more feminine A or B?

                  A.                      B

Which picture does the woman look more feminine A or B?

                 A.                         B 

I remember as a little girl my mother would dress me up with cute little dresses. As a young little girl up to my teens going to church there were dress codes that you follow. Rule #1 Women don’t wear pants in the sanctuary. The end. If you did wear pants to choir rehearsal you better bring a skirt to put over them before you enter the sanctuary. You didn’t question it nor did you get mad you did what you were told to do. You respected the House of the Lord. As time change so did people and the rules of what was acceptable to wear into the sanctuary as women. We need to get back to dressing modest and respecting the House of the Lord.

Let’s go to the word the bible.

Deuteronomy 22:5New International Version (NIV)
A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

I will admit that I love wearing dresses and skirts I also loved wearing pants. Yes I wore pants and shorts.  God is taking me on a journey reveling things to me slowly.  Please understand that I am not judging anyone because I am not the judge. This is my story and journey.

I am a dominant, strong, and independent woman.  I am also a single mother raising two boys ages fifteen and eleven. In my house I am the head.  In my relationships I was the one in charge making the decisions.  In work I was the leader taking the lead and running the meetings. Even in the classrooms I somehow end up leading the discussions and taking over. Some of my classmates jokes and ask who is the teacher?  As long as I can remember from childhood up until adult hood I have always wore the pants fugitively speaking.

It would be nice a change to not have to wear the pants anymore.  And allow the man to lead and trust him to make the right decisions. This is not to say that I have given my power to a man. I am still the woman that God had created me to be. I am learning to know when and where to apply my strengths.  

Being a woman is no easy task we are expected to be all things to all people. But that don’t’ mean that we have to look, dress, and act the part. We can still show up in the boardroom dress as a woman and still lead the company.


Being bold and beautiful is more than a statement it is a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment